Is Pepsi OK? Or at least, is its Super Bowl ad OK? How about Stella Artois or Michelob Ultra? And what the heck does Burger King have planned? We look into all this and more as we preview this year's Super Bowl ads.
This week's panel:
• David Griner, Creative & Innovation Editor, Adweek
• Dianna McDougall, Art Director, Adweek
• Doug Zanger, Senior Editor, Adweek
Be sure to check out Adweek's Super Bowl Ad Tracker for many more details at https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/super-bowl-liii-ad-tracker-all-about-the-big-games-2019-commercials/
It's not often an ad sparks debate, consternation and headlines (beyond sites like ours), so this week, the Adweek team gathers to discuss Gillette's recent foray into cause marketing—and the mixed response it generated.
Joining the panel this week are:
• Kimeko McCoy, Social Editor of Adweek
• Nicole Ortiz, Community Editor of Adweek
• Patrick Coffee, Editor at Large of Adweek
• David Griner, Creative and Innovation Editor of Adweek
The Adweek team is back from CES and ready to share the weird, wonderful and Jetsons-esque technology they saw on display in Las Vegas. We also talk about what we're expecting from this year's Super Bowl and our favorite ads of the past week.
Joining the discussion this week:
• Jim Cooper, Editorial Director, Adweek
• Kelsey Sutton, Tech Reporter, Adweek
• David Griner, Creative and Innovation Editor, Adweek
Sponsor: This week's episode is brought to you by Facebook, which has a new podcast — Three and a Half Degrees: The Power of Connection. This podcast brings some of the brightest minds in business together. Listen and subscribe on any podcast platform or by visiting Facebook.com/threeandahalfdegrees